Dear Pope,
I know you and I do not see eye to eye on many things, what with you being the head of the Catholic Church and me an Atheist/Buddhist, but if we could put aside our differences just for a little while I would like to suggest some changes to the list of saints. Some of my suggestions are simply the addition of patronages to excising saints while others are people I have nominated for saint hood. So without further ado please make the following changes to the lists of saints.
St. Patrick: patron saint of extirpation (localized extinction) for the removal of snakes from Ireland
St. Darwin: Charles Darwin patron saint of evolution and biologists for his work on the Origin of Species and the concept of natural selection
St. Huxley: Thomas Henry Huxley patron saint of scientific debates, arguments and agnostics for his work defending evolution and coining the term agnostic.
St. Moe: Harry Moses Horwitz patron saint of stoogery for his work on Vaudeville
St. Lyell: Charles Lyell patron saint of geologists and uniformitarianists
St. Agassiz: Louis Agassiz patron saint of glaciers, ice ages, and catastrophists
And so on… actually before I send this off to the pope give me some more names people I’ve grown board of this now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
St Stephen (Jay Gould) and St George (Gaylord Simpson?
Post a Comment